Saturday, July 26, 2008

Still missing my pocket b-boy

Well, I can't say I'm surprised, but for the first time in a reality show competition, when I say I'm-not-going-to-watch-the-show-again-because-so-and-so-got-booted, I really did not watch at all.

I was watching Project Runway and halfway through the show when I suddenly realized that SYTYCD was on. But for some reason (Gev), I wasn't compelled to change the channel. During the commercial break, however, I decided to see what was going on on Fox and found myself looking at Mark's solo. That was it. Then I changed the channel back to Bravo and watched all the way through Shear Genius.

I just wasn't interested anymore. Not without Gev.

Last night, since America's Best Dance Crew wasn't on till an hour later, I decided to just watch the SYTYCD results show. The opening number, however, did not serve to dispel any lingering sad feelings over Gev's ouster. Seeing how Chuck Maldonado's choreography showcased a lot of individual moments made me yearn to see how Gev would do. But I guess the show did have some nice moments.

Such as the Los Angeles Ballet. And Will's boot.

Well, Will fans. Now you know what it's like to have a very talented dancer get eliminated. Come and commiserate with us. (And also, because this hasn’t been said enough - SUCK IT NIGEL LYTHGOE.

Before I end this post, I just want to say a lovely THANK YOU to all those sweet Gev fans who commented on my blog post. It's nice to share the burden, and even nicer that we all believe that Gev will go on to great things in the near future. Thanks!

No comments: